When is Flower City Work Camp?
FCWC will be held from April 3-7, 2023 – Monday evening through Friday morning. Students will be staying over at their host church for the duration of the week. Exact arrival and departure times will be shared ahead of Camp.
• You will commit to the entire week of Camp which for this year begins with registration on Monday afternoon and ends Thursday evening. If you can not commit to this timeline, you should not apply.
• You are in 7th – 12th grade and part of a youth group at a participating church. This is important! Students must be part of a church that has applied to participate in FCWC, so please check with your Youth Pastor to make sure your church is signed up.
• You will commit to the entire week of Camp. This year, FCWC begins with registration on Monday afternoon and ends Friday morning at 11:00 am. If you can not commit to this timeline, you should not apply.
• You can obey the rules are mature enough to participate – see what we expect here:
FCWC Student Rules & Maturity
The non-refundable application fee for students to participate in Flower City Work Camp is:
$180 for the first student.
$165 for the second student from the same family.
$145 for the third and all subsequent students from the same family.
Checks should be made payable to Flower City Work Camp and submitted through your church. There is also an option at the end of the online application to pay by debit/credit card or electronic check, but that is not required.
When does the Camp Fee have to be paid in full by?
Students are able to apply to attend Work Camp without making payment, but must be paid in full by March 1st in order to secure their spot at Work Camp.
Are scholarships available to help pay for Flower City Work Camp?
FCWC does not offer scholarships or any discounts beyond that for multiple students coming from one family. However, some participating churches do offer scholarships or coordinate fundraisers to help make Work Camp more affordable. Students should check with their Youth Leader to see what might be available.
Can I get a refund if Camp is canceled?
In the event FCWC 2023 is canceled, applicants will be entitled to a full refund of their Camper Fee. You will have the following options:
- Receive a full refund of your Camper Fee
- Donate a portion of your Camper Fee to FCWC
- Donate your entire Camper Fee to FCWC to help us cover costs we have already incurred for this year
Can I get a refund if I choose not to attend Camp?
Campers who have completed their application to attend and have paid their Camp Fee are eligible to receive a refund if they drop on or before March 1st. Beyond that date FCWC begins to commit to expenses in anticipation of each student’s participation and isn’t able to make a refund.
How do I apply?
Student applications are submitted online. The following opportunities are available to students based on their grade level:
Grades 7th – 12th – Worksite Team, Agency Support
Grades 9th – 12th – eligible also to serve on Sidewalk Club
Grades 10th – 12th – eligible to also serve on Sport Camp
Visit the Student Process page for instructions and to get started.
What happens after I submit my application?
Your Youth Leader/Director will be able to check and see that you have applied and will fill out a recommendation form for you in late January. Later in February, you will receive an email that you have been accepted to camp, and in mid-March, you will receive an email with details about what team you are on, who your leaders are, and any training dates you need to attend. Correspondence to you will occur through email so please be sure to double check it on your application! If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact your Youth Leader/Director or Church Representative (they may be the same person!).
What do I need to do to be ready for Flower City Work Camp?
Here is a Fact Sheet with locations, packing list, and other useful information:
Medical / Doctor’s Authorization Form
Every student must have a Doctor’s Authorization Form, completed and signed by your student’s primary care physician (or licensed designate). Please bring this form to register as your student will be processed through the Medical Station for their health screening. You cannot participate in camp without this form.
Print and provide your pediatrician with enough advanced notice for them to complete the form (usually 2-3 weeks).