When is Flower City Work Camp?
FCWC21 will be held June 28th through July 2nd. This year there will be no overnight portion of Camp.
Who can come to Flower City Work Camp?
You can apply to attend FCWC if…
• You want to serve the Lord by serving the people of the Greater Rochester Area.
• You are in 7th – 12th grade and part of a youth group at a participating church. This is important! Students must be part of a church which has applied to participate in FCWC, so please check with your Youth Pastor to make sure your church is signed up.
• You will commit to the entire week of Camp. FCWC begins with registration on Monday afternoon and ends Friday morning at 11:30 AM. If you can not commit to the entire week, you should not apply.
• You can obey the rules are mature enough to participate – see what we expect here:
FCWC Student Rules & Maturity
How much does it cost?
The non-refundable application fee for students to participate in Flower City Work Camp is:
$160 for the first student.
$145 for the second student from the same family.
$125 for the third and all subsequent students from the same family.
Checks should be made payable to Flower City Work Camp and submitted through your church. There is also an option at the end of the online application to pay by debit/credit card or electronic check, but that is not required.
Are scholarships available to help pay for Flower City Work Camp?
FCWC does not offer scholarships or any discounts beyond that for multiple students coming from one family. However, some participating churches do offer scholarships or coordinate fundraisers to help make Work Camp more affordable. Students should check with their individual Youth Leader to see what might be available.
Can I get a refund if Camp is cancelled?
In the event FCWC21 is cancelled this year (2021), applicants will be entitled to a full refund of their Camper Fee. You will have the following options:
- Receive a full refund of your Camper Fee
- Donate a portion of your Camper Fee to FCWC
- Donate your entire Camper Fee to FCWC to help us cover costs we have already incurred for this year
How do I apply?
Student applications are submitted online. The following opportunities are available to students based on their grade level:
Grades 7th – 12th – Worksite Team, Agency Support
Grades 9th – 12th – eligible also to serve on Sidewalk Club
Grades 10th – 12th – eligible to also serve on Sport Camp
Visit the Student Process page for instructions and to get started.
What happens after I submit my application?
Your Youth Leader will be notified of your application in late January. In late February or
early March you will receive a letter telling you whether you have been accepted to participate in Flower City Work Camp. If you are accepted, you will also receive your team assignment and the name of your team leader. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact your Youth Leader or Church Representative.
What do I need to do to be ready for Flower City Work Camp?
Here is a Fact Sheet with locations, packing list and other useful information:
Medical / Doctor’s Authorization Form
Every student must have a Doctor’s Authorization Form, completed and signed by your student’s primary care physician (or licensed designate). Please bring this form to registration as your student will be processed through the Medical Station for their health screening.
Print and provide to your pediatrician with enough advanced notice for them to complete the form (usually 1-2 weeks).